Blocky Dungeon seems like a name that would have been taken by now, but it looks like my prototype post is getting enough SEO to be a top result for the name. Google chose my game name for me! I’ll be adding this to the projects page soon, as I
Still alive. Don’t have much to post today. Just trying to let you know that things are still moving here. I’ve been playing with shaders lately! Can’t you tell? I’ve set up the shaders with a similar look to 3d Dot Game Heroes. Originally I didn’t care to be compared
+Andrew Sandifer challenged me and +Yuuki Rus to a Christmas Game Jam, which kinda turned into a New Years Game Jam, because that’s how stuff works. The idea was that we’d have 1 day to complete game 1. 2 days to complete game 2, and so on until New Years.
After a little debate in FGL chat about framerate (30 looking choppy and 60 being smooth), I went and looked back on an earlier version of my engine. At that point I had lighting implemented, and was able to have around 500 triangles with a rock solid 60fps. The old
So I was working with some semi-transparent planes to add some darkness / depth to my game, and came across a strange bug.